United We Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Admin Policies..

Go down 
+2
Axel Foley
tension-
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tension-

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:55 am

Before I begin, I just want to make it clear that I'm in no way telling the admins how to do their job.. these are just suggestions that I think will help to get rid of some of the chaos that all the base killers and boosters cause.

First off.. base killers. I think I saw someone with admin say that they are required to give someone two warnings before they give out any punishment. I think that someone should only get ONE warning as this is a highly situational subject. If someone knows enough about the mod to use the pitchfork to move blastwalls off of laser turrets and then destroy them, they don't need ANY warnings. They should be told not to base kill, and then kicked immediately.

I've been playing a lot over the past week and it seems that the admins are going too lightly on base killers and boosters.. think about it for a minute. A kick prevents the person from returning to the server for what.. 30 minutes? I'm not sure what Owner has the kick time set to. A kick is only TEMPORARY. If the person does something wrong intentionally and then gets kicked for it immediately, they'll think twice about doing it next time.

For example, yesterday I was playing and some guy was base killing all the defense I set. I had to complain for 15 minutes before this person was kicked. By then, all my defense was gone. The guy obviously knew that he was doing something wrong since he was moving my blastwalls and destroying the defense underneath them. Even poisonous fish knew the guy was a base killer because he had seen him do it before under the SAME name! Then, 30 minutes later when the kick wore off, he came BACK and started doing it again! People like that need to be banned immediately.

What I'm trying to say is, your server is almost always in the top 3 populated servers in the list. If you see a base killer or booster, or someone complains about it, the admin should immediately observe the person and verify what they are doing. DON'T say anything in the chat about it because the rule-breaker will stop if he knows he is in danger of punishment. If they are doing something against the rules, they should be notified and then kicked immediately (so they know why they are being kicked). They will come back, trust me.. and when they do, they won't do anything illegal because they know that the admins on the server don't tolerate rule breakers. The reason all these rule breakers have gotten so bad lately is because they get so many warnings, or they just get frozen for like 5 minutes.. you guys don't have to worry about keeping your server populated. If you do this, the people who play in your server will be much happier and have a lot more fun since they won't have to deal with all the rule-breakers.

I hope you guys see what I'm trying to say.. I've been playing tribes since it came out, and I've been admin on many many popular servers so I know how things should be done. I used to run my own server in fact, and nobody had any complaints whatsoever about how I ran it.
Back to top Go down
Axel Foley

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:01 pm

I usually play it by ear....

For example sometimes a player may base kill on accident due to cham getting in base and there being unprotected lasers,etc and a player may rack up 3 BKs at once,this I can understand and I have done it myself so I usually let it slide...

Now if I get a complaint about a base killer I will warn him and usually observe him,if I see him doing it on purpose I usually tell him he will be kicked and next time he comes on to behave.

For other players that I know base kill on purpose and usually do it every time I see them(players like Mert,Berk,Talonsbro and Lobismen) I usually give them a kick right away because I know they are doing it on purpose.
Back to top Go down
nex

nex

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: hi   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:43 pm

well i got sum ishues to cuz i warn plp and warn and freze and nothin i mute for then 15 secs lol next thing u know they ganna tell Sho gun axell BR just cuz this cussed and cussed sum 1 out. and i muted 15 secs that talk should be about banning not muteing for 15 sevs lol plp jsut hat the admin but i love the admin i don't deal with the Bk's and booster i warn freze and then kick yea i let them slide like cusing or boosting i warn them like 2 times and they just do it and i say stop so i freze and if not they no so then the kick
afro

Last edited by nex on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nex

nex

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: hi   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:46 pm

king
Back to top Go down
tacos?YEAH!

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 am

All I have to say about being an admin is to watch then take action. No warnings/explanations should be necessary at all. If people are stupid then they deserve to suffer. If they're ignorant then they deserve to suffer. Anyone who's still playing this game at this point is either a casual player that plays for fun, a competitive player or a troll. Casual players will go after red triangles with little to no provocation. Competitive players seek them like heroin addicts. Trolls will show themselves consistently and immediately piss-off those who carefully set defense. Think about how much mercy a BKer shows their team and you have exactly how much mercy you should show them.
-Dave
Back to top Go down
tension-

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:46 pm

nex wrote:
well i got sum ishues to cuz i warn plp and warn and freze and nothin i mute for then 15 secs lol next thing u know they ganna tell Sho gun axell BR just cuz this cussed and cussed sum 1 out. and i muted 15 secs that talk should be about banning not muteing for 15 sevs lol plp jsut hat the admin but i love the admin i don't deal with the Bk's and booster i warn freze and then kick yea i let them slide like cusing or boosting i warn them like 2 times and they just do it and i say stop so i freze and if not they no so then the kick
afro

Freezing and muting people does absolutely nothing to stop someone from being a neusance.. if someone is BKing, they should be kicked without warning. I can understand one warning if someone is cursing or boosting, but after that one warning, they should be kicked.

Also, the people who come to the server and BK/Boost every time (the KNOWN BKers) should be banned for at least a week. If they come back and do it again after a week, they should be banned permanently. Nobody will miss them and they can't call it abuse since they have had MORE than enough warnings. They know what they are doing.

All I'm saying is that the current admins are far too lenient.. the more lenient you guys are, the less likely people will be afraid to base kill or boost (ESPECIALLY if they don't see anyone with the UwS tag in the server).
Back to top Go down
SHOGUN

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:00 pm

U know tension....if somebody is really messing up, sometimes freezing them and not unthawing can be very frustrating too them...... at least with a kick they know they cant play anymore...but with a freeze....those who have earned this....might wait and see if theyll get unthawed. If they deserved the kick....the dethawing isnt coming. The suspense kills..... king
Back to top Go down
tension-

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:52 am

True, but they usually get unfrozen in like 3 minutes =/
Back to top Go down
SHOGUN

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Commence the slapping! Wink They unfreeze, huh???....i didnt realize that. Thawing them out can be a lil tricky at time...the option will disappear after a while.
Back to top Go down
UwS Republic

UwS Republic

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:11 am

I Can only kick a person for 6 min!! They come back and start doing it again.
Back to top Go down
SHOGUN

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 am

Admining can be very frustrating guys, you'll end up missing alot of game time, but in the end, if everybody does thier part, one day our server will be synonymous with quality gameplay. But all this depends on you newly adminned guys going out there and helping out when needed.

Keep an eye out for the BK counts....mostly just the number/Offender. The number gets too high or BKs by one person start happening in a small amount of time is a good indicator.

At this point a good admin will instantly obs this guy,(u can do it without going OBS),itll only take a lil bit of time to figure out if that guy had an accident or is on a BKING spree.

You should be able to tell if the person BKing is a total noob and doesnt know any better(help him), -OR- is just a general pain in the butt, run-o-the-mill BKER.

Never globally argue with another Admin, if you have a problem with something they did you can......

Whisper to them.......
Talk about it in OBS....
Wait and tell an Owner....

If the admin happens to be one of the few nonUwS, your decision holds rank over theres, but plz respect theses ppl b/c for the most part they are respected ANNi players and prolly mean well.

study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Admin Policies.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Policies..   Admin Policies.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admin Policies..
Page 1 of 1