United We Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Capping? What could we do about it?

Go down 
+4
2Strong
tension-
tacos?YEAH!
UwS Republic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
UwS Republic

UwS Republic

Capping? What could we do about it? Empty
PostSubject: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 am

Is there a way to make some of those maps uncapable. RadicalEd had his veiws which had a good point. But the fact was he kicked people for capping, was too over board. Is There're a way we could make the best maps uncapable. Im starting to notice that Rad had a good point. Some of my most favorite maps go so quikly Sad . Shocked Maps such as radience, High voltage are easy to cap. Could they move the flag? Or add more capping limits.
Back to top Go down
tacos?YEAH!

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:15 am

What if more people knew how to set proper defense on those maps? Seems to me that the maps you like are too easy to cap out on. Why aren't you setting better defense on those maps? I can't because I haven't tooled around with the builder armor much yet but from the mods/people that I've played in/with the general consensus seems to be that if you can't defend your flag you deserve to loose quickly and decisively. Sure posts in forums may get the attention of those who care but it won't help with flag D or to slow those of us who love to cap down.

-Dave
Back to top Go down
tension-

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:54 pm

I don't think that's a very good idea.. if you make a map uncappable, what's the point? The whole point of playing CTF is to capture the flag. If a map is going by too fast, it means that one team has all the good players and the other team has mostly newbies.

If you think the map is going by too fast, change teams and help the side that is losing. I wouldn't play a CTF map that was uncappable.. there would be no point.

Dave is right, but it really comes down to the teams being stacked.. if one team has nobody capable of setting half-way decent defense, they will most likely lose.
Back to top Go down
2Strong

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 pm

tacos?YEAH! wrote:
What if more people knew how to set proper defense on those maps? Seems to me that the maps you like are too easy to cap out on. Why aren't you setting better defense on those maps? I can't because I haven't tooled around with the builder armor much yet but from the mods/people that I've played in/with the general consensus seems to be that if you can't defend your flag you deserve to loose quickly and decisively. Sure posts in forums may get the attention of those who care but it won't help with flag D or to slow those of us who love to cap down.

-Dave

Very good points, I think you nail the essence of annihilation.

The easiest way to avoid ending the map by capping is to just vote to disable flag capping limit or have and admin do it. Basically you play the whole time allotted to the map no matter how many caps you get. The good thing about this is that you keep the capping factor in the game because when time is up, your caps still count towards a win.
Back to top Go down
SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Its not a bad idea.....for few easily cpped, low' flag limit having, classic maps..............that could be a good strategy. Tension makes a good point...alot of times there is some team stacking going on.....clan ppl wanting to play with thier mats and what not.......to me there is nothing more satisfying then a Come From Behind victory. Some othe the Elite that see this should maybe think of stepping up& changing teams to a losing side that has no hope............. Lead them. farao
Back to top Go down
tension-

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:54 am

I always change teams, but one person with a bunch of newbies can't do much against a team comprised of mostly decent players.. haha.
Back to top Go down
tacos?YEAH!

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:14 am

tension- wrote:
I always change teams, but one person with a bunch of newbies can't do much against a team comprised of mostly decent players.. haha.
Amen to that brother. I wish I could help those who know how to pwn better on this server.

-Dave
Back to top Go down
SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 pm

If you show them the way ........they will fight.

If you defend the base....they will stand guard.

Newbies are great imitators....they just need a lil direction.

Our server has alot of these guys at the moment, but with yall's example they will learn.
Back to top Go down
UwS BR Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Well said Sho
Back to top Go down
http://unitedwestand.friendhood.net
SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Thx bro!
Back to top Go down
Dek

Dek

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 am

2Strong wrote:

Very good points, I think you nail the essence of annihilation.
The easiest way to avoid ending the map by capping is to just vote to disable flag capping limit or have and admin do it. Basically you play the whole time allotted to the map no matter how many caps you get. The good thing about this is that you keep the capping factor in the game because when time is up, your caps still count towards a win.
the flag disable cap limit thing didn't work last time it was turned off No
Back to top Go down
[uP]^Jimmyco

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 pm

The point of a capture the flag game is to capture the flag. There are non-ctf maps guys. play those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capping? What could we do about it?   Capping? What could we do about it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capping? What could we do about it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United We Stand :: General :: General Topics-
Jump to: